Monday, March 29, 2010

Another busy week

Major advancements this week in the sleeping category! We have now conquered several 10pm-4am nights, which has helped me regain my sanity. We made a road trip to St Louis with Megan and her son Packey to visit Lisa and her daughter Anna. Although Thomas has not been a big fan of his car seat (unlike most normal children his age...), he tolerated it well for the most part, sparing our ears. Packey and Anna both recently turned 1, so I definitely got a glimpse of what's ahead of me, and while I thought I was busy now, it appears that I will be MUCH busier once the Tommy starts moving! While I spent my time as I always do sitting on the sofa feeding and changing my newborn, Megan and Lisa were chasing their little ones from room to room ensuring they weren't playing with Clorox or electrical outlets. Sadly, I returned home with a vicious stomach bug which kept me in the bathroom for 12 hours while Pat took a crash course in "the overnight feedings". He was spectacular, so he is welcome to participate any time!
Tommy continues to develop at lightning speed, to no surprise of his parents. His noises and smiles melt my heart and it seems like every day he does something new!
Pat teaching Tommy to count and read simultaneously.
Stimulating!
Autie Steph and Uncle Todd came to meet Tommy and we asked her gazillions of pediatrician questions like I promised her I wouldn't.
Todd can diaper anything.
That's the closest Tommy will ever get to Michigan State. ;)
Pat out-did himself on smoked ribs and chicken, which was to everyone's liking! Unfortunately it wouldn't be long before Stephanie took over my place in the bathroom...sorry Steph!!!

All Todd could think about was the next diaper change. Not to worry, there will be plenty of practice!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to here that everyone is getting a bit more sleep!! We are looking forward to meeting the handsome little man next week. We are AMAZED that he is reading and counting so young...genius!!
    Love, Jane & Don

    ReplyDelete