If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times--I cannot have baked goods in my house, because I have absolutely no control. But the kids love making cookies, and I owe it to them! It's a wonder how any of the ingredients make it into the bowl...because they're certainly all over the kitchen.
"One at a time!"
Margot's face says it all-- "can you believe this!?"
No doubt there's chocolate in that hair.
As always, we spent Memorial (anniversary) weekend at the cabin. Always a crap-shoot on the weather for late May...and this year we unfortunately didn't break any records for high temps. Thankfully, the putting green distracted Tommy enough that we didn't have to bear the outdoor pool.
First golf lesson from dad. I believe the topic was replacing divots on the green. Or preventing them in the first place.
Sadly, the adults weren't as lucky the next day, having to brave the 60 degree temps at the outdoor pool. Our friends the Fiestas were visiting from Chicago, and were constantly shaking their heads as to why they "invested" in Northern Michigan for a Memorial Day getaway. The kids never admitted to shivering, but they sat remarkably still in the sun while wrapped head to toe in towels.
Tommy and David at the Beer & Brat Fest.
We are definitely going to miss our cousin Urban when he heads down to Atlanta for a year so Uncle Todd can do his fellowship. Thankfully, we can take comfort in knowing he'll be living in Traverse City in 12 short months!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment