Thursday, October 1, 2009

....away we go!

I'll be the first to admit that I never thought I'd be one of those people with a blog but the more I thought about it, the more I thought how great it would be to have one spot where friends and family could check in on the happenings of this one particular Schaffler House. More than anything, with family and friends spread out around the country I figured this might give us a spot to throw some pictures up with a few comments here and there. I promise not to treat the blog as my own personal opinion pedestal. I don't have much say to begin with.....let alone anything that others need to listen to.

Many upcoming events/decisions in the next 12 months....

1. First and foremost....the impending arrival of baby Cletus (looking forward to getting rid of that name)! Jen is 22 weeks along (pictures below) at this point and so far so good....knock on wood. She's taken it like a pro so far and between that and her crazy hours with work, I've been shocked at how well she's held up! She's a trooper to say the least. The latest craze is the baby registry, and it's a good thing one of us is concerned about all the stuff we're going to need once the new addition arrives. I took a glance at the registry....wow. Not sure we have room for all this stuff! And why do we need all that stuff!? I have much to learn. Which brings me to the next happening in our lives....

2. .....trying to sell our home. We thought about it for 2 seconds and decided that a 1 bedroom loft in the city with a 120lb dog and a baby probably won't work. What horrible time to try and sell a condo in the city but it is what it is. We've also had the good fortune of a massive downward price adjustment on our block since we've listed our place, which is fantastic. I figure there are worse things in life, and if need be we could live in our place for a few months with the baby and it wouldn't be the end of the world. We're holding out hope that we sell before the end of the year so we'll see. We've already had 2 offers, and while both were extremely low-ball offers, atleast we're getting offers which apparently is a good sign according to our realtor.

Jen at 18 weeks!



Jen at 22 weeks!



More to come.....

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog! That tank top is going to take a beating by 40 weeks-- :)

    ReplyDelete