Wednesday, January 20, 2010

38 weeks

Rapidly approaching GO TIME.

Biggest item of note, besides the size of the belly, is an extremely itchy belly.  We looked this up and there's a condition called PUPP which contains the word "plague" in it.  I was more amazed at the fact that we still have plagues these days and that they didn't die away with the dark ages.  As it turns out, Jen doesn't have the plague and it's symptoms, just an itchy belly.  It would have been way more fun to say she has the plague though.

Katie, Joe and the kids came over the other night to celebrate big #6 with Shea, and also give a few last second pointers.  Katie took inventory of the baby stuff and I think we passed inspection, while Joe showed me that I did indeed install the car seat somewhat correctly and am not endangering anyone's life.

Profile pic of Jen at 38 weeks below along with some action footage of some of America's finest engineering at work.  The amount of brain power going on there is overwhelming.  You can almost hear the hampster wheel spinning.


















3 comments:

  1. We are anxiously awaiting news of "baby Schaffler's" grand arrival.
    Glad to hear that you and Jen are "prepared". Were you a Boy Scout?!!!
    Love,
    The Hanrattys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait!! Just wait Pat, you will get real good at changing all those batteries in those wonderful contraptions too! We love you and miss you and think of you often....Jen what happend to the green tank top?? j/k
    HUGS!
    All of the Ruboyianes'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liking the peanut gallery feature of this blog.

    Hanratty's - You're looking at what Weebalo status can earn someone.....which is plenty of confusion and foul language after the box is opened.

    Melis - I think Jen's green tank top had a blow out in the front. I'll leave the gory details to her.

    ReplyDelete