Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy 2 weeks, Tommy!

Now that Tommy's a whopping 1/2 month old, he seems to be getting the hang of life and his parents the hang of parenting....we even got 4 solid hours of sleep last night! NEAT!
Notable events from the last week:
1. Tommy's first diaper rash. (In a moment of weakness, I actually asked the pediatrician if it may have been caused by the burritos I ate for straight 3 meals.)
2. Leaving Tommy for the FIRST TIME in the tender-loving care of my friend Megan, who watched him while I went on a job interview. (Yes. I went on a job interview 13 days into motherhood. Was this a smart idea, you ask? I'll keep you posted.) Realizing that Megan is far more capable than I am at mothering, I didn't shed a single tear. Thanks again Megan and Packey!
3. Out-of-state visits from the Hughes' and Brad!

Need more makeup to look alive...

Tommy's diaper rash sitz bath. Ironically, this is the same face he'll give me when I put this photo in his high school graduation collage.

Brad pondered taking Tommy to the bar with him to score chicks, but quickly reconsidered when he heard noises coming from the diaper region.

Bill and Pam kindly brought him a "Mogul Man" t-shirt from Telluride, CO...but no helmet?

Tolerates it just long enough for his crazy mother to document it..

Not a huge fan of seeing the world upside down.

Asleep in the swing with nuk "gently wedged" against his face so it doesn't fall out.

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog and all the fantastic photos of your beautiful son!

    ReplyDelete