It's that time of year again when the chances are high that you're going to hear someone quoting National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. This blog post's title/quote was running through my head the entire time I was sawing 5 feet off of our tree in order to get it in the house. For those unfamiliar with the scene I'm referring to, you can click on the below link and refresh your memory.
The Perfect Tree
A great movie. Anyway, on to real life....
Tommy had a great time with the lights once we got the tree up. In a stellar display of parenting, you'll note the below sequence ends right about when he was putting a light in his mouth while the strand was plugged in.
Of course, after I finished putting the lights on the tree, Jen had to take them off and do them her way. I've learned to enjoy these moments and it's especially fun to document them now.
At the end of the day much had been accomplished and learned. I now know how to turn a 14 foot long tree into a 9 foot tree. Tommy's parents know not to let him near plugged in Christmas tree lights. And thanks to Jen's magic touch, we now have a beautifully lit tree.
"Jooooyyyyyyy tooooo the wooooorrrrrrlllddd!"
Saturday, December 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
ReplyDelete