Saturday, March 12, 2011

Making laps

This house has a perfect "track" for making laps, and whether it be by wagon or by foot, we've made many, many laps this week.
Lately, about the only thing that gives Tommy a break from walking (and crashing), is a stroll in the wagon, which I'm pretty sure he would tolerate for hours at a time. For the most part, it's safer than him stumbling around, although you'll notice he only holds on with 1 hand instead of 2...the left fingers may have gotten squashed by daddy cutting a corner a little too tight when the track wasn't yet carved into the floors as it is now.
"More laps please..."
"Put the darn camera down and MOVE, people!"
If he enjoys it this much indoors, it will be out-of-this-world cool when we can take it outside!
I suspect the "chunk factor" will go down significantly in the next several weeks (haha, for all of us!) as Tommy is constantly on the move, I'll presumably be shedding a little weight once Bad Gary is on the scene, and Pat gets underway with P90X! Here's Tommy recording his "before" weight.
This is exactly how I weigh myself, with one hand on the scale.
Tuesday was Mardi Gras, and Tommy TOTALLY indulged in some Lithuanian pancakes, complete with homemade strawberry jam. He has been a relatively picky eater lately, but Maria said she had to cut him off from the pancakes...which doesn't surprise me in the least.
Missed a bite.
Gus has developed a love/hate relationship with the little beast. When it's time to eat, no less than 100% of the time Gus plops directly under the highchair and eagerly awaits Tommy's reject bites as they fly off the tray. However, when Tommy doesn't have any food to share, Gus wants nothing to do with him. Here he is trying to butt Tommy out of the tent.
Enjoying a late-night snack.
Yet I can't possibly get a picture of Tommy eating without you-know-who in the background.
For Ash Wednesday, Maria bought Tommy his first Easter bucket complete with plastic eggs for the purpose of teaching him to put the eggs in the bucket when he's done playing with it. An excellent task for Lent, I thought! So far, the bucket has made several laps around the track and the eggs are scattered EVERYWHERE, but I have yet to see him actually put one back in...but there are still 37 days of Lent to go.
I did manage to teach him to hold onto the handle as opposed to the side of the bucket so he couldn't dump all the eggs in one place...
Until one misstep sent both Tommy and the bucket flying and the handle broke.
Here's Pat attempting to fix the broken handle (aka spear) with some duct tape.
Have a great weekend! Eat some chocolate for me! I can still have it on Sunday, right? :)

1 comment:

  1. I love all of the pictures you posted of Tommy! He is getting so big and cuter every day (or picture!) We can't wait to meet Gary. Take care!

    ReplyDelete