After a busy afternoon yesterday with Anna Wheeler and the Morris cousins, Tommy stayed in bed today until 7:45!? Since Margot seems to still be in sleep mode, his parents thanked him for that little maneuver because it meant everyone got to sleep in a little today.
A (somewhat) well rested parent!
Let's face it, Tommy's not old enough yet to know what the heck to do with an Easter Egg Hunt, so not only did I hide all the eggs, I also walked him around the house and found them one by one. All Tommy wanted to do was dump the basket over the entire time. As you might imagine, it was riveting stuff.
The big excitement around here this weekend was Grandma's 65th birthday! Below, Grandma entering the new age with her new iPad; a gift from the Schaffler kids. Now that's she's hit her mid 60's, we figured now is as good a time as any to join the Apple hipster world.
We had to get a little creative during the birthday cake candle lighting when we realized we didn't have any candles for the cake. So a crystal candle holder it was! You only turn 65 once.
The wagon ride was item #1 on Grandpa's agenda this afternoon with the Mavs game a close second.
Another big thank you goes out to Grandpa Doug for supplying us with a world famous Sanders ham for the occasion. I took some mental notes last time I watched him cook one of these things on the grill. Five hours of basting on the grill later we had ourselves a delicious meal with 99% of the audience in agreement. The only critic being Shea, even after we tried to explain to him how there's no difference between this and a ham sandwich.
Lisa and Anna stopped by to meet Miss Margot yesterday afternoon, and Tommy DEFINITELY enjoyed some leisurely swinging with a friend. I'm fairly sure we could have left them both there all afternoon.
Something we realized yesterday, Anna and Tommy are 13 months apart which is approximately the age difference between him and Margot. Hopefully the ease at which Anna and Tommy played together holds true with brother and sister. Their parents just need to survive the next 12 months!
Lisa below, reacquainting herself with newborns for another round of her own in 10 weeks.
The ceremonial first walk in the double stroller!
The pants were probably a bad decision, but I'm trying to look as cool as possible in the below picture. I'm surprised Jen let me out of the house in those things.
I'm heading back to work tomorrow and I can't decide if that's a good or bad thing yet. Margot's routine typically consists of sleep for 22 hours per day, the only problem being the awake hours usually start around 2am. I have a feeling Maria will be way more helpful than I am around the house with the kids, so Jen is most likely happy to see me go.
Happy Easter!
can't get over the pants!
ReplyDelete