Rather than gambling with mums and the inevitable first frost in the near future, I decided the Schafflers were better suited for pumpkins. My initial assessment of the front steps screamed "BIG ONES, LOTS OF THEM!", but I was also taken aback at the going rate for pumpkins these days!? We came home with 2 beautiful, medium-sized ones.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Keepin' up with the Jones'
The Halloween decorations around these parts have gotten wildly out of control. Since when is this the standard? Sure, I expected to throw a few Christmas lights on the bushes this year, but who knew the holiday spirit started in mid-October?! Geesch!
Rather than gambling with mums and the inevitable first frost in the near future, I decided the Schafflers were better suited for pumpkins. My initial assessment of the front steps screamed "BIG ONES, LOTS OF THEM!", but I was also taken aback at the going rate for pumpkins these days!? We came home with 2 beautiful, medium-sized ones.
An impromptu photo shoot out of the direct sun...
Gus proudly dons his darling "Boo" bandanna from the groomer...

Tommy refused to crack a smile until he saw the scarecrow, which he thought was the greatest playmate ever.
Scary? I think not.
Now the only question that remains: how much candy will we need for the big night? How embarrassing it'd be to shut off all the lights and hide if we run out early. I'll have to consult with the Jones'.
Rather than gambling with mums and the inevitable first frost in the near future, I decided the Schafflers were better suited for pumpkins. My initial assessment of the front steps screamed "BIG ONES, LOTS OF THEM!", but I was also taken aback at the going rate for pumpkins these days!? We came home with 2 beautiful, medium-sized ones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment