Monday, April 30, 2012

Happy First Communion Shea!

Grandpa Ed's candy "habit" has been passed down to his grandchildren...literally.  This was Tommy's first time benefiting from Grandpa's sugar stock, but the older cousins knew exactly what he was made of.
Every time we drive by our local church Tommy yells from the backseat, "Jesus' House!  Be quiet!  Sissy's sleeping!"  On one hand, I'm beaming with pride that he recognizes the church and the need to be quiet (because people are sleeping...).  On the other, I feel like a failure that I don't expect either of them being quiet for one single minute.
Below, the only 2 children in the cry room during the first communion mass. 
All the girls had matching shawls from Grandma, but Margot was less than thrilled to model them.  Notice Maeve and Callie held a perfect smile as they wrestled to keep her in their laps.
Godparents Uncle Pat and Aunt Michelle.
Maybe now that Shea's had his first communion, he can work on teaching his cousin how to sit through church. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment