Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Birthday, Tommy!

I got home from the hospital this morning (phew!) in time to sing the first of many rounds of "Happy Birthday" to Tommy when he woke up. Now that he's so old, I somewhat expected him to bust out with "Nice tone, Mommy!" but instead I got the usual morning greeting: "BAA!", while enthusiastically pointing at the ceiling fan. Yes, it's still there.

The only reason I got suckered into buying this crown is because he wore it proudly around the store for several minutes and didn't once try to yank it off. Yet as soon as we get it home...












Tommy didn't have any special requests for the birthday dinner, but since he ate his entire bowl of green beans, turkey and sweet potatoes, he got a well-deserved treat to prep him for the party on Saturday.
At first, no interest...


















But my genes pull through in the end! Sweet indulgence...


















We've been reminiscing all day about such a fun year. Happy birthday big boy!

1 comment:

  1. Grandma and Grandpa wish they could be at your party tomorrow, sweet baby boy!

    Happy Birthday. We love you and loved being with you last weekend.

    ReplyDelete