Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snowpocalypse 2011

The "Blizzard of the Century" has arrived!  We're definitely still in the midst of it, but Pat and I both had the pleasure of getting home early this afternoon to "hunker down", whatever that means. Pat is the proud owner of a new gas can so he can fill up the snow blower with its predicted overuse this week.  We've had several inches of snowfall so far, but we decided that the 30mph winds are reason enough to hold off on snow-blowing until daybreak tomorrow.  We failed to stock up on bottled water and batteries, so if this storm gets really ugly, we're in trouble.
With Tommy's upcoming birthday, I've had a few friends ask "What's Tommy into these days?"  Ummmm, I'd say this week he's really into dog toys, Tupperware, light switches, and running water.  Even Pat and I are stumped...Tommy's already difficult to shop for!?
Gus has to be one of the only creatures who really enjoys this blizzard...and as any stellar dad would do, Pat actually bundled up so he could go play with him in the yard, much to Tommy's amusement.
Learning the concept of the window...
A bath for our polar bear...

Last but certainly not least, we finally got to document Tommy's latest (and probably most nerve-wracking to date) trick- walking!  As of today, we've mastered "stop" (wall) and "go", but we've got a long way to go on style points.

Be careful and stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment