Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowpocalypse Part II

Pictures from the morning after.  Other than a couple snow storms in South Bend, we've never seen so much snow in so little time.













Jen had to go into work today at noon and so around 10am I went out to clear the driveway.  After opening the garage doors I told Jen to go let them know she'd be late.  The snow drifts were about 4 feet and the snow blower I bought wasn't made for those!


















Notice the imprint of the garage door in the snow....


















Here we go.....













Making progress....













This is when I realized how long it was going to take.













Gus lending a paw....













He was, quite literally, born for this weather and I think he knows it.













Son #2 out to help....













DONE.













Didn't even bother with the circle drive.  I have a feeling we won't be seeing it for a few more months.













Even the sun popped out.  The low temp tonight is supposed to hit -14 so we enjoyed it while we could.













A rare sighting of the dog in the background.  He was on his own today.


















One thing is for sure, I won't ever opt for the smaller snow blower next time.  You only make that mistake once in your life. 

Happy snow day!

1 comment:

  1. Quite possibly the funniest entry to date!!
    Enjoy the snow...the legendary blizzard in '67 is one of my favorite family memories.
    Sorry we missed seeing the "southsiders" this past weekend.
    Love to all,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete